How to determine whether you are Overweight
Body mass Index[BMI] is the method used to calculate the level of fatness in a human body. BMI is calculated as a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters.
Calculate BMI using the BMI Calculator
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
Obesity is further split into
- Class 1: BMI of 30 to < 35
- Class 2: BMI of 35 to < 40
- Class 3: BMI of 40 or higher. Class 3 obesity is sometimes categorized as “extreme” or “severe” obesity.
Accepted BMI Levels for healthy living
In order to avoid the complications of obesity related ailments
Obesity can be controlled by opting for surgical interventions like Bariatric Surgeries. Its always advisable to maintain healthy BMI levels by eating healthy food and involving in active physical activity. Every individuals goal should be to have a BMI level between 18.5 – 25