Everything you need to know about Gastric Balloon Procedure & Cost
The gastric balloon procedure, also known as the intragastric balloon procedure, is a reversible, non-surgical weight-loss technique that has the potential to jump-start weight loss even in severely obese people. This is also suggested for individuals who do not meet the requirements for weight-loss surgery.
As this is a new procedure, the question that strikes most people is about the cost of the gastric balloon procedure. Though this is a new and advanced procedure for weight loss, the gastric balloon procedure(Allurion weight loss program)cost in India is quite affordable. However, this weight loss surgery cost varies from one place to another.
Typically the intragastric balloon surgery cost in Hyderabad will be around Rs 2,50,000 to 3,25,000. In order to assess the patient’s overall health, the surgeon will suggest undergoing investigations and preoperative evaluations. The test results will determine the patient’s ability to undergo procedure .
A gastric balloon procedure is an excellent weight loss option for those who want to lose weight without undergoing metabolic surgery, in which the body’s natural digestion is altered. Weight loss can be achieved by consuming fewer calories and changing your lifestyle.
Is the Gastric Balloon Procedure right for me?
Gastric balloons are one of the most effective ways to treat obesity. This weight loss method is suitable for people with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher; individuals with BMIs of 35 to 40 may also be able to lose weight using this method. In addition, patients with specific health issues that can only be cured by losing weight can also opt for this gastric balloon. If you want to know more about gastric balloon costs or any other weight loss procedure, it is always better to consult the best bariatric surgeon. People with type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure may benefit from this weight reduction procedure.
Pros and Cons of Gastric Balloons
As with any weight loss surgery, there will be advantages and disadvantages, even with gastric balloons. The following are some of the pros and cons of the gastric balloon procedure:
- You don’t need to undergo surgery.
- Placing the balloon is easy and quick.
Note: As gastric balloons are of different types, some may be placed under anesthesia.
- Losing weight is guaranteed.
- In conjunction with a diet and exercise program, it will result in weight loss over time.
- The amount of weight you lose depends on your initial weight and lifestyle changes. Weight loss can vary from 10 to 25 kg.
- The majority of patients are expected to lose 10% to 30% of their initial body weight, or about 30% of their extra weight.
- Once the balloon is in place, you might eat less and feel satisfied more quickly.
- Once you achieve your weight loss goal, the balloon is passed off automatically in stools generally after four to six months.
- Acid reflux following the procedure is common. However, it can be managed with anti-reflux medications suggested by the doctor.
- The first few days will be uncomfortable with nausea and vomiting.
- Some people may experience vomiting after eating for the first few days.
- Stomach cramps.
- You may face sleeping problems due to an uncomfortable stomach or acid reflux.
- Acute pancreatitis can occur when the saline is overfilled in the balloon, but it rarely happens.
Any weight-loss procedure, including gastric ballooning, does not work like a miracle. You must stick to a diet plan. (Know More: Dietary Guidance after Intra-gastric Balloon Insertion) You’ll have to work out regularly. (Know More: What is the right amount of exercise after weight-loss surgery?) It’s essential that you learn how to eat correctly so that you can continue to maintain an ideal weight after the gastric balloon is removed.
- The procedure can help to treat diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia
- Complete cure: – 50%
- Reduction in medicine consumption: – 50%
- Excellent PCOD resolution rate, which improved the positive pregnancy results
- Very good control over the sleep apnea (snoring) problem
The success rate of gastric balloon surgery in India
There is a high success rate of 99% for gastric balloon surgery in India, making it a safe procedure. The bariatric surgeons in India are experienced and skilled, which makes them offer you world-class treatment with a high success rate. Furthermore, they offer you world-class treatment at affordable prices.
Your ability to lose weight relies on how well you stick to the prescribed diet. The average person loses 35% of their excess body weight – a great start to a healthy lifestyle! For more detailed information like whether insurance covers this surgery, recovery time, length of the surgery, etc., consult Dr. Venugopal Pareek, one of the best laparoscopic and bariatric surgeons in Hyderabad. He has more than 15 years of experience in performing various weight loss surgeries. Call +91 91-777-77715 to book an appointment with the doctor.